Friday 13 April 2012

Zebulon from VP Forums has been designing a power interface board for the LEDwiz that a lot of us are using in out cabinets. The LEDwiz is good for about 500 mA per output but only a few watts in totall. It is quite easy to overload an output and then kill an entire driver chip, taking out 1/4 of your outputs. This interface board will take a LEDwiz output and electrically seperate it from out LED's, Contactors, etc so all the load is powered by the interface board, no the LEDwiz.

So I got a little sample pack in the mail :D



Took me two weeks to get around to soldeing one of the high power boards up (he has a few different boards, depending on the load your going to put on it) and retro fit it into my cab to drive my Crees at 700 mA.



I disconnected the LED outputs from the terminal strips and connected them to the interface board outputs. Then installed new wires from the terminals (from the LEDwiz outputs) and wired them into the inputs on the interface board. Easy!
To give it a decent test run, I downloaded the LEDwiz software from the GGG size and used the LumArua controller to turn on all the LED outputs. An hour later I came back to see how the mosfets were coping...... they were not even warm to touch!

The LED's look awesome at 700 mA which would have killed the LEDwiz if I had of tried so nice work Zebulon. This is just what my cabinet needed.

1 comment:

  1. Helpful for career growth sharing one of my recently viewed link http://www.kidsfront.com/govt-jobs-exams.html

    ReplyDelete