Monday 30 April 2012

Coin door circuit

After a question was put to the VP fourms from ironspider regarding how to wire a coin door that Darfall pointed out that my solution with just putting a microswitch on the coin door would be sending a repeated signal via the Ipac to the ROM.

It worked well enough for me at the time, but there had to be a better way.

So I went on the hunt on a how-to and came across this -

http://www.indiabix.com/electronics-circuits/555-monostable-multivibrator/

(click on the start simulation now to start it then click on the H to simulate a opening of the coin door)

So it had to be done. It took only a couple of resistors, a couple of capacitors, either a transitor or a spare ULN2803 to drive any voltage relay of 5-15 volts and its done!

Check it out here in my first vid blog.


The circuit is pretty simple for anyone who has tinkered with any electronics, but for anyone else, I have posted on the HP and VP forums.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment