Tuesday 7 February 2012

I have been following a thread from russdx on the vpforums - here and his design of a dmd interface board. As one that has had little to no success of getting DMD's in the right spot on the 3rd monitor, this looked like a god send.

russdx was almost certain they would work with the Vishay LEE128G032B00E90  LED display but wanted to confirm. I had one of the Vishay displays from another project (dont ask :D) and asked to purchase a board to give it a go.

He was kind enough to send me his prototype board to confirm that it works with the 5 volt display for free. Here are the results




Forgive the crap video as it just does not do the display or control board justice. Will have to work out that camera and encoding software one day......

Anyway I can recommend russdx's board because the results are brilliant! Get one from russdx on the vpforums.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    How do you power the DMD?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This model DMD requires a 5 VDC power supply lorddarks. I already had one in my cab for some other electronics I was using but as it only draws about 6 watts at worst, its probably safe to use the 5 volts off your PC power supply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I will tell you asap I try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MS,

    on the DMD you are using in the video, can you make out the individual LED square panels, or in the dark do they just blend in together?

    Cheers dude.

    ReplyDelete